After injury cut short a playing career in 2001, Marc turned his hand to becoming a career coach. Under the guidance of his mentor Michael Baroch, Marc spent 6 years studying the game and achieving the highest level of qualification as a tennis coach in Australia (Level 3 High Performance).
Starting out as a hitting partner to several top 100 ATP and WTA players, Marc went on to coach and tour with several players and still currently works with Australian players Dane Propoggia, Anastasia Rodionova and Arina Rodionova. Marc has coached all over the world, worked with some of the world’s best players, and is now connected with some of the world’s best coaches. All of this experience has given Marc the knowledge and philosophy to develop junior players to achieve their goals.
Currently heading the team of coaches at The MITS base in Melbourne, Marc also mixes his coaching repertoire with an assistant coaching role at the Richmond Football clubs VFL team, as well as his role as a Learning Facilitator for Tennis Australia’s coaching courses. In 2013 and 2014, Marc was recognised as one of the top 3 Talent Development Coaches in Australia at the John Newcombe Medal Awards. Marc, along with Michael Baroch and Dean Bleazby, heads the Maribyrnong Tennis Program which in 2012 was named Australia’s Most Outstanding Tennis School.
- Coached/Worked with ATP/WTA Players, Victor Hanescu, Anastasia Rodionova, Arina Rodionova, Karan Rastogi, Di Wu, Yi-Miao Zhou & Dane Propoggia.
- Hitting partner for touring WTA ranked players including Sabine Lisicki (Ger), Yuan Meng (Chn), Zhuang Shuai (Chn), Monique Adamczak (Aus).
- Tennis Australia Learning Facilitator (Lecturer for Level 1 & 2 Coaching qualifications at Tennis Australia)
- Tennis Australia Coach Mentor
- Tennis Australia Talent Development Coach (TDC)
- Completed Tennis Australia High Performance Course 2007.
- Lectured at National Tennis Coaches Conference at Beijing Sports University, China (2005-2006).
- Coaching Experience all over the world on both the ATP and WTA tours.
- Worked with Romanian Hopman Cup Team 2010.
- John Newcombe Medal Finalist for Talent Development Coach of the year 2013 & 2014
- Worked for the Richmond Football Club in Player Development (2008-2010).
- Current Assistant Coach Richmond Football Club VFL Team
- Level 2 in First Aid.
- Certificate 3 in Sports Coaching.
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessing.
- GPTCA Level B Coach
- Tennis Australia Certified