Dean joined with his mentor and former coach Michael Baroch over 25 years ago, firstly as a junior player with big goals and ambitions, to then a career coach and right hand man to his mentor.
Working for many years with some of the world’s best juniors and travelling the world coaching on the ITF junior tour with his charges, Dean turned his hand to coaching some ATP and WTA players and took his coaching to new levels. Working with the best junior and senior players held Dean in good stead in his role as junior development coach at MITS where he has produced many top junior players and Super 10 players.
Dean is currently the head assistant coach in Singapore and Melbourne and is still producing some of our nation’s best junior talent. Dean’s stint as an assistant coach to the Great Britain wheelchair tennis players, under the guidance of Dr Ann Quinn, has given him a true understanding of the capabilities that athletes possess both physically and mentally.
- Coached/Worked with ATP/WTA Players, Dayne Kelly (Aus), Monique Adamczak (Aus), Di Wu (Chn),Yi-Miao Zhou (Chn).
- Hitting partner for touring Satellite & WTA ranked players, including Yuan Meng, Zhuang Shuai, Liu Shaozhuo
- Assistant Coach Maribyrnong Sports Academy, Specialists Sports Tennis Program (2008 – current)
- Worked for the LTA, assisting Dr. Ann Quinn and Stuart Wilkinson (National Wheelchair Coach), with the British National Wheelchair Team. Australian Open & Melbourne Open (2010)
- Lectured at National Coaches Conference at Beijing Sports University. Conference was supported by CTA (2005-2007)
- Worked for Tennis Australia/Tennis Victoria at the National Training Centre Program (2003)
- Conducted State Zone squads for Tennis Victoria (1999-2001)
- Travelled extensively with players on ITF circuit
- Coached and travelled with nationally and internationally ranked juniors.
- Coaching experience in Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and China.
- Tennis Australia Talent Development Coach (TDC)
- Level 2 in First Aid.
- Tennis Australia Certified